About the Inspector
ASHI Certified Home Inspector Johnny Kay
South Carolina & North Carolina Home Inspector
Home & Commercial Inspections for the Charlotte Area
Johnny Kay is the owner/operator of Arrow Home Inspection Service. His father was a renowned builder in York County, and Johnny began working on his masonry crew at the tender age of five. He’s been around home construction his entire life and understands the process from start to finish.
Johnny became a home inspector because he saw a need in the real estate market to help people in the home buying process by providing them with good information regarding the condition of their potential new home and investment. He also loves looking at the variety of different homes and constructions.
Johnny’s list of certifications is much longer than the average home inspector. This means that he’s been professionally trained to handle anything that may come up, and his inspection report will be very thorough. His certifications include:
- Licensed Home Inspector in South Carolina, License #327
- Licensed Associate Home Inspector North Carolina, License #A-232
- Licensed Home Inspector in North Carolina, License #1909
- South Carolina Licensed Residential Builder #15019
- ASHI Certified Home Inspector #243480
- InterNACHI Certified Professional Home Inspector® #NACHI#20042323
- Inspector Nation #186
- IN Radon Inspection Specialist Certification No. CRS01909
- International Code Council (ICC) Certified Commercial and Residential Inspector
- ICC Certified Building Code Inspector #5168444-B5
- ICC Certified Residential Electrical Code Inspector #5168444-E1
- ICC Certified Mechanical Code Inspector #5168444-M5
- ICC Certified Plumbing Code Inspector #5168444-P5
- ICC Certified Building Plans Examiner #5168444-B3
- Southern Building Code Congress International, Inc (SBCCI) Certified Building Inspector #8206
- Certified Infrared Thermographer CIE (Indoor Air Quality Association)
- Follows all ASHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Adheres to all InterNACHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Follows all South Carolina Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
Time Off with Johnny
In addition to being a home inspector, Johnny is also a Professional Archer. He and his wife enjoy traveling and spending time with their grandchild.
Special Industry Tools
While he’s inspecting your future home, Johnny will use a mixture of visual inspections and special industry tools. This will ensure that you receive the best results possible!
Moisture is a four-letter word to homeowners. With our moisture meter, we can determine if there are any areas you need to be aware of. As a bonus, this tool often helps us locate related accumulations of mold.
Gas Leak Detector
Does your hot water heater have a tiny gas leak? Before you’ll even be able to notice it, our gas leak detector will pinpoint the problem.